Booking Terms and Conditions
How to book?
Booking request form for charter and ‘ Experience’ to be completed and submitted via booking form. This does not automatically constitute a booking acceptance or confirmation. A acceptance of the booking by way of email will be replied between 1 to 3 working days.
Once booking acceptance has been given, the payment based on payment policy will have to be processed before any confirmation of the booking.
After payment has been made and received, a confirmation of the booking via email will be given.
50 percent payment for bookings made more than 4 weeks before the charter / ‘Experience’ date, followed by a Full payment 4 weeks before the trips date.
Full payment is required for bookings less than 4 weeks before the trip date.
Refundable damage deposit might be required and collected.
Screenshots of successful payment to be provided
ISLAND EXPERIENCE PTE LTD
OCBC ACCOUNT : 595-683517-001
PAYNOW – UEN 202339149E
Refund Policy for charter and ‘Experience’:
- In any event of cancellation, our cancellation refund policy applies
- Cancellation of bookings must be made in writing to avoid any misunderstandings.
- This applies to ‘agent’ bookings.
- Our business admin days are from Monday to Friday. Public Holidays apply. Any request made on non business days will be deemed to be made on the next business day
- Cancellation made more than 4 weeks in advance will be given a 90% refund. ( less administrative charges )
- Cancellation made less than 4 weeks prior will be subjected to a penalty equivalent to 50% charter price.
- Cancellation made less than two weeks prior to the charter, there will be no refund.
- All refunds may be made in the form of a cash refund or credit refund.
ISLAND EXPERIENCE PTE LTD reserves the right to cancel any experience booking in the event of any unforeseen circumstances. In such cases, we may mutually agree on a later date of booking. Claims for any damages and/or inconvenience caused will not be entertained.
In case of reschedule/changes
- In any event of reschedule, our reschedule refund policy applies
- Any rescheduling of the trips and experiences are subject to our rescheduling policy. “Party leader” may reschedule the experience subjected to availability and terms and conditions.
- Reschedule of bookings must be made in writing to avoid any misunderstandings.
- This applies to ‘Agent’ bookings. Our business admin days are from Monday to Friday.
- Any request made on non business days will be deemed to be made on the next business day
- Rescheduling made more than 4 weeks prior to the experience date is provided free of charge.
- Rescheduling made less than 2 weeks prior to the charter date will incur a 50% charge of the charter fee.
- Rescheduled bookings must be placed within 3 months from the original booking date. Otherwise the booking will be taken as a new request.
- Only 1 reschedule will be allowed. After which it will be a cancellation ( cancellation policy applies) and a new charter to be booked.
- Refunds will be made within 7 Business days.
Late/ No show policy:
- The participants are advised to be on time. No time compensation will be given for late arrival, and timings shall proceed as according to the stipulated timing as agreed upon, and stated on the booking agreement.
- Any person failing to appear on the day of departure will not be refunded.
- No refund will be given for any portions of the charter or experience unused by the Customer after departure regardless of circumstances.
Termination of Charter and ‘Experience’
- ISLAND EXPERIENCE PTE LTD reserves the sole and exclusive right to cancel the charter and ‘Experience’ if the captain of the pleasure boat in his reasonable opinion declares that the sea conditions are not suitable for the guests ‘Experience ‘TWO (2) hours prior to the scheduled experience and there are reasonable concerns over the safety of personnel and boat..
- The captain of the pleasure boat at all times has full authority over the charter and “Experience’, and at any time can terminate such charter and ‘Experience’ and return to the marina where, in the reasonable opinion of the captain, there is reasonable possibility of danger to the boat, personnel and guests. Eg Severe weather , unsafe intoxication, unruly behaviour, staff abuse , breaching reasonable safety protocols.
- If such an event is due to technical reasons, ISLAND EXPERIENCE PTE LTD will apply the cancellation refund policy detailed above.
- If experience participant elects to prematurely end the experience, the experience is deemed cancelled and there will be strictly no refund.
- Once the guests on pleasure boat has departed the Marina, the experience is considered to have been fulfilled and no cancellations or refunds are provided.
- Curtailment of Experience: In the event that ISLAND EXPERIENCE PTE LTD is unable to provide boat transport due to mechanical reasons prior to the scheduled charter, ISLAND EXPERIENCE PTE LTD will refund the full amount to the experience participant. In this event, there will be no further rights or claims for the damages or compensations from the participant.
- Boating and boat trip experiences is a all weather activity. Singapore is a tropical country with rains and periodic monsoon periods. In the event of rain, the charter will continue to proceed
- Departure may be delayed if the captain deem it unsafe to depart.
- If it develops into a thunderstorm (CAT 1), then we will delay the charter for up to a reasonable time where there is no conflict with subsequent charters.
- If the situation persists, we will then reschedule the charter to a mutually agreeable date and time. The charter is considered fulfilled if the yacht has left the embarkation point.
- As a guide, you need to report to your charter as per the booking details, as the weather on site may differ from what you are experiencing.
- For specific Water activities and experiences, modifications to the activity and experience will be made based on the weather conditions on advisory from the Captain or Specialist Instructor or guide.
Change of itinerary for Charter and ‘Experience’
ISLAND EXPERIENCE PTE LTD will do its best to provide the fulfilment of the experience and booked inclusions. However due to unforeseen circumstances such as weather, equipment failure etc, ISLAND EXPERIENCE PTE LTD reserves to right to amend the charter and experience itinerary and inclusions. There shall be no refunds for this amendment.
Indemnity and Releases:
I understand there is an element of risk in any form of boating and realize there is a chance of an accident occurring. I as the primary charterer have been empowered by my guests and participants to make these releases.
I, the primary charter and on behalf of my guest and participants’ personal representatives, heirs, and next of kin release, waive any claim against, discharge, and covenant not to sue ISLAND EXPERIENCE PTE LTD, their employees, servants, agents, contractors, or any owner of any boat used by ISLAND EXPERIENCE PTE LTD, their heirs, administrators and executors (hereinafter collectively referred to as “releasees”) and agree not to hold any of the above-named releasees liable for any claim including but without limitation, any claim for bodily or personal injuries, know or unknown, death or property damage resulting or arising from accident or event which may occur while on, or boarding, or disembarking from any boat or facility used by the above-described releasees or as a result of participation in charter activities and ‘Experience’, equipment and dinghy operations by the releasees. I and on behalf of my guests and participants agree to indemnify the releasees and each of them from any loss, liability, damage, or costs they may incur due to my participation whether caused solely or in part by the negligence, gross negligence, or intentional conduct of the releasees.
I and on behalf of my guests and participants hereby assume full responsibility for and risk bodily injury, death, or property damage due to negligence of the releasees or otherwise while participating in activities and experiences conducted by the releasees named parties or where I am present on their premises or vessels.
1 and on behalf of my guests and participants acknowledge that ISLAND EXPERIENCE PTE LTD shall not be liable for death, injury and loss of pets brought onboard, for any water activities and boat operations. It is the responsibility of the owner to tend to their pets and ensure the the safety of the pets. Any rescue if needed to be attempted shall be at the discretion of the captain and may be chargeable.
I acknowledge that the I am liable for loss of or damage to the pleasure boat or its equipment, activity equipment that results from the negligence or wilful misuse by guests and participants.
Determination of negligence or wilful misuse are made at the sole discretion of ISLAND EXPERIENCE PTE LTD. Any damages will be recorded. The Primary charterer would be responsible on behalf of their guests to rectify or to pay for the repair cost.
The standard cleaning charge for pets does not include deep cleaning that may needed on surfaces and cushions due to fecal defecation, urination and etc. Additional charge may be levied on the primary charterer for such cleaning needed
I expressly agree that this release, waiver, and indemnity agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the law, and where any portion of this agreement is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall notwithstanding continue in full legal force and effect.
I FURTHER STATE THAT I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THE RELEASE AND KNOW THE CONTENTS OF THE RELEASE.
I FURTHER RELEASE ALL OF THE RELEASEES FROM ANY CLAIM WHATSOEVER ON ACCOUNT OF FIRST AID, TREATMENT, OR SERVICES RENDERED BY THEM. THIS RELEASE CONTAINS THE ENTIRE AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE PARTIES TO THIS AGREEMENT AND THE TERMS OF THIS RELEASE ARE CONTRACTUAL AND NOT A MERE RECITAL